Have you planned your dream holiday in Rome? Are you interested in what you could visit and the main points of this wonderful city? You are in the right place because today I thought to give you some information to make your life, and the holiday amazing.
What is the first thought that comes to mind when I thinking about the concept of this city? Architecture and statues! Yes, the statues around the fountains in Rome with historical themes, and of course vintage architecture that manages to create an antique vibe in our souls – they seem wonders of the world.
Italian capital has a history of over 2500 years. Today, Rome is the largest and most populous Italian city. It is located in the center of the country, in the Lazio region, and crossed the River Tiber. Rome has many opportunities to markets with fountains and majestic statues, famous galleries, cathedrals, then shopping streets where you can find shops, pizzerias, and cafes.
Have you ever wondered why it is one of the favorite city for the majority or for travelers? That great artists, architects have left an imprint so deep in the middle of Rome offers a sensation and a unique vision for now here you can see all the historical details that remained intact, and the evolution of technology and architecture can not notice. It is the biggest strength of this wonderful city.
Here are some Rome’s tourist attractions, including the city’s main attraction.
- Vatican– Little sovereign (the smallest in size and population in the world). Here is located the papal residence. What to visit here: Square and Basilica of St. Peter and the Vatican Museums, the Sistine Chapel. The fact that all this tour is framed on a wide enough scale it is recommended to start this route in the morning to thoroughly examine these wonders. I must say that is a very popular place, so for this, you need to be really patient. I recommend from my experience to pay attention to your outfit because it is a very strict area. Take some time to admire the Square St. Peter Italian sculptor Bernini masterpiece, with its 284 columns, carried out four times with 140 statues. The Basilica of St. Peter is with other famous works of art, and Pieta, Renaissance sculpture in Carrara marble by Michelangelo. That there is a very rich route is recommended to it in the morning, but each run their program as know better.
- Colosseum– you really need to visit it because is considered one of the 7 wonders of the world! Its Size and vibe make you imagine gladiators fighting that took place 1,700 years ago, and this historical film that is created in the mind and in your soul do more than anything. The visit program of the Colosseum vary by season and month, so get informed in advance. Keep in mind that there are a number of people who can enter, so I recommend to schedule these important points depending on the number of days you have available for each morning.
- Arch of Constantine, the Roman Forum, Piazza del Campidoglio, Piazza Venezia– Near the Colosseum is the Arch of Constantine and the Roman Forum (the ruins of the ancient city), then you can go directly to Piazza del Campidoglio and Piazza Venezia, a place full of cafes, restaurants, and shops.
- Castel Sant ‘Angelo– is a fortress that was historical, prison and papal residence. Today it has art exhibitions, sculptures, antique vases, and weapons. It is situated on the River Tiber, near the Vatican.
- Free entrance– Pantheon and Piazza della Rotonda then you can go to Fontana di Trevi and Piazza di Spagna. Of course, you need to enjoy a moment on the crowded steps, and after you can start the shopping heaven: Via Condotti, Via del Corso!
- Transport– is a city with a very vast area, you can take the bus and the metro (ticket price is 1.50 €, which is not too convenient). Preferably step is to take the streets on foot because you will be amazed by the architecture and city details.
- Accommodation– around Termini Station you have some possibilities of accommodation quite affordable according to every budget.
- Be careful to choose the best and comfortable clothes for this trip. Click here for some ideas about outfit inspiration that you can choose.